Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Braves Sold, TV Freed

The Atlanta Braves were sold by the Turner Broadcasting Company to another humungoid behemoth of an organization that is probably named somewhere in this article.

Editors Note: Before we move on to the article, I think this is a good time to ask how these huge companies can possibly be "entertainment" companies. A good rule of thumb is that the larger something gets (ie strippers, my Uncle Lenny), the less entertainment is involved.

Atlanta Braves president Terry McGuirk said Tuesday fans should expect a "transparent" ownership transition if the team's sale from Time Warner to Liberty Media is approved by Major League Baseball.
http://www.gothamist.com/attachments/jen/2007_01_mooninite2.jpg
TBS drops baseball for more cutting edge terror-tainment.

Dude, fuck Braves fans. I want to know how this sale is going to affect all NON-Braves fans. Does this mean all of us TBS addicts no longer have to suffer through every fucking Braves game this season? TBS can finally return to what it does best (other than paying for lite brite terror )- showing reruns of Sex in the City and Clueless (The movie, not the series. That TV show was for kids!), while I pretend I want my lady to turn it off... OK fine, well after this commercial... Maybe just ten more minutes... OMG! I can't believe he's gay! This is just like Shakespeare but on a level I can understand!

Hey where'd my balls go?

No comments: