Friday, August 31, 2007

Tiger Hunts Everything

If I am a pro golfer, I would be extremely disturbed by this interview with Tiger Woods, particularly his answer to the following question:


ESPN Golf Douche: You own a yacht named Privacy. How much of a treasured commodity is that for you?
Le Tigre: It is. It really is, to be able to get away. Once you're out there on the ocean, it just feels so good to get away and basically shut everything out. And for me, I love to dive, love to spearfish. So for me to drop one down and go hunting and just escape everything, basically, you're so focused on the fish that you don't think about anything else. That to me is such a great rush.

Holy crap. After methodically destroying his competitors on the golf course, this dude stalks and kills for relaxation. And this isn't some kind of thing where you sit in a tree blind all day and shoot a turkey by calling it to you*, this is holding your breath while vulnerable in the open ocean so you can swim up and spear a fucking animal. Only he probably uses a 9 iron.

Tiger endorses the Underwater Medicus.

*Note: Tree blinds are only allowed in the woods. If you set one up next to your neighbor's window while calling her closer so you can make your kill, it gets you mega-arrested. Personally, I blame the anti-sportsman media.

No comments: