Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Oh God, It's Contagious

You know how I celebrate an inside the park home run? You guessed it: fighting off sexy assassins with my smoldering eyes and expensive french champagne while saving struggling democracies from evildoers. But that looks like an afternoon with an easy bake oven compared to Red Sox first baseman Kevin Youkilis. No, after a inside roundtrippa, that hard ass muthafucka starts a blog, son.

Ummm. Yeah.

I have mentioned before that I am a fan of Schilling's blog, 38 pitches. But somehow, Youk's writing style lacks Schill's in depth pitch-by-pitch analysis, and the kind of historical persepctive gained by 19 or 20 years in the bigs. Youk leans more towards the banal 'dude, that chick is hot' dialect.

Dustin Pedroia, pictured here below, thinks he’s faster than me but I think we put that to rest last night with the inside-the-park home run, too. He’s just not as fast as me.
He hyperlinks to his own team! To other player's names! 38pitches is one thing, but this might be too much. Sadly, it's not as core as Carl Pavano's blog, but at least it's not Manny's blog (which I secretly suspect is this one).

LolManny
Let me say here and now, I am a Kevin Youkilis fan. Ever since I met him at a Volkswagen dealership in Westborough, MA and he signed a photo for my sister in Ethiopia, I've been a fan. I will reserve further judgment for now, and let him find his legs. He may have a lot to offer the blogging world. As a friend recently said, "I'd like to see him opine on God, GOP politics, and Curt Schilling's grit....and his beard. I want to know EVERYTHING about that man's beard."


The best part about the whole experience? He actually asked
how to spell, 'Liz.' Not Ethiopia... No... 'Liz'.


Ed Note: Suggested blog name? KEEEEVVVIIIINNNNN!!!

* Unless he's doing a lot of roids. I'm no doctor, but it's medical fact he's got a raging case of roid-beard.



No comments: